1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digifusion FVRT100 - Problems

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by RMA_2406, Feb 2, 2005.

1. RMA_2406

RMA_2406

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I purchased one of these at the weekend and have a few issues.

(i) Picture is very bad (blocky) - only SKY news seems consistently good, other channels are only intermittently good.
    (ii) No EPG download. I can only see current & next program in the guide.
    (iii) The box seems to freeze occasionally requiring unplugging & replugging.

I have come to the conclusion that the problem is due to the aerial. I got a brand new aerial installed on Saturday and the installer said that the signal was very bad in the area (too many trees). When I look at the signal strength it seems to hover around 50% and I sometimes get a warning that the signal is too corrupt.

Would anyone happen to know whether these problems are symptomatic with a poor signal from the aerial?

2. Blu Ray

Blu Ray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    it sounds like it to me, are you in a 'freeview area'?

3. RMA_2406

RMA_2406

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    According to the post code checker on the freeview website I am. The analogue signal is pretty poor as well - the freeview when it works gives a much clearer picture.

4. bobthenob

bobthenob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi ive a digifusion frvt100 recorder
    i replaced my cable and areial and i have a booster fitted i used to have breaking up problems only ever got 60% but now get 82% signal strenght
    the freeview website says we cant get freeview
    this is a great box
    No EPG download you need to leave it on standby over night the first night it usally locks up then its fine from then on

5. Martin68

Martin68

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I also tryed one of these boxes and never had any epg download, apparently you should leave it powerd on over night but i tryed that for 2 nights running and never had any download, it mensions that it downloads from a particular channel number (i cant remember that number) but in my channel list that number was not there, and my aerial is 100% perfect, ive not had any problems with reception at all, just couldnt get that particular download epg channel, funny thing though i also tryed the Humax 8000 and that gave me full listings right away with no problems. i took the digifusion back to the shop for a refund!

6. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    EPG download currently only works in some areas, and probably won't work at all if the signal is bad.