Digifusion FVRT100 - can it be used on a tv without a scart?

PAH

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting a FVRT100 but the TV I want to connect it to doesn't have a scart.

Can anyone tell me if it will work through the normal RF ariel connection or would I need a scart->RF convertor?

Thanks.

It doesn't have an RF modulator, just a loop through, so you will need a scart equiped TV.
AND PAH - What TV do you have - if it's only a small one you can get an equivalent with scart really cheap nowadays.

It's an old Tatung, and I mean old!

To be honest it does have a scart but no remote so can't get onto the AV channel as AV doesn't fire up automatically like on modern TVs when a device is switched on that's attached to the scart. It's my flatmate's TV and as we're only renting temporarily due to working away from home we didn't want to have to get a new TV if we could avoid it.

The other decision is whether to get a universal remote so we can get onto the AV channel, but as it's his TV he's checking if he can find one that's compatible without the old remote to learn from. Nothing's ever simple is it, unless you throw more money at it!

Thanks for letting me know about the digifusion, I thought that was the case.

....and before you ask, there isn't really such a thing as a SCART > RF Convertor. Well, sort of, but you don't want one.

Bat-man said:
It doesn't have an RF modulator, just a loop through, so you will need a scart equiped TV.
AND PAH - What TV do you have - if it's only a small one you can get an equivalent with scart really cheap nowadays.

Hi there,
You could connect a VCR between the Digifusion and TV if you have a spare one (second hand for £10 or less probably). These all have RF modulation built in. In the UK it is probably almost as expensive to buy an RF modulator as a VCR in any case.

Hi PAH,

You should be able to get a One4all remote with the codes built in so it doesn't have to learn.

Does the TV have an S-Video connection ?

To find the AV channels, have you tried flicking down through the channels ie 3,2,1,0.....hopefully AV !

Richie.

Yeah we flicked through the channels just in case but no joy. No s-video, suprised it even has a scart!

The TV is about 15 years old so weren't too sure if the codes might have changed since or if current universal codes would still work (how universal is universal!?). I guess it's worth picking up a cheap one from somewhere to try out.

The digifusion via video recorder is an interesting one. I've got a spare VCR in storage somewhere so I could try that.

Thanks for the suggestions, hopefully one will be a winner, not that there are any prizes on offer except maybe an old Tatung TV if we end up getting a new one :D

I use my VCR's RF modulator to 'pipe' the signal around the house to various TV's and recorders.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom