DigiFusion FVRT100 Audio Problems

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Colgate7110, Aug 26, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Colgate7110

Colgate7110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    For the most part I'm over the moon with my FVRT100 - picture is great, the twin tuners are ideal, and generally it just works.... until now. I've had it for a months and I'm noticing a few strange issues:

The one ongoing problem I have with it is highly variable volume levels, not between channels or during the ad breaks, but during a program. Just tonight for instance, the boss was watching Eastenders and the volume dropped to what seemed like 60% of the set volume. She turned it up and then out of the blue it was just about shaking the room! For reference, the audio is fed out of the TV SCART connector on the '100 via an Ixos s-video + 2 RCA leads to my 3910 receiver.

The second, newest and most infuriating problem arises when recording - switching to the recording channel sometimes displays a black screen while the audio continues to stream from the previous channel. For a while it seems to be possible to change to other channels then the box totally freezes and the only way to salvage the box is to pull the power lead out.

Has anyone else had similar problems? I've tried the forums and Google but I can't find the exact symptoms anywhere else. I'm thinking about taking it back to Currys but I'm worried they'll be out of stock now and I'll have to fork out for the 200 series :(

I'm using the 1.7.4 sofware with bootloader 1.0.3 on hardware version 1.1.

Cheers,

Colin

P.S. I was just posting the other day in another thread saying how good the 100 was!!!

2. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    Have never had any problems with my Digifusion FVRT 150 in the six months I have been using it. Probably the best bit of equipment I have and it certainly gets the most use.

The sound fault you describe low sound suddenly increasing sounds like a bad connection on one of your cables. Possibly also a dry soldered joint somewhere. Try simulating the fault when its apparent by moving the connecting cables and see if it clears.

3. Colgate7110

Colgate7110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    Thanks ROYOLD, as fate would have it, the problem's not resurfaced since I posted! I'll keep an eye on it and if the audio problem resurfaces, I'll give the cable a nudge and see if it makes a difference. Failing that, I'll bring it into the office for one of our engineers to take a look at the connections. Cheers, Colin

4. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    Glad your troubles have ceased for the time being. I have a sound problem similar to this on one of my stereo combis. Its a dry joint somewhere and these things are extremely difficult to trace. Usually a good thump resumes sound for a good while but I have to remember NOT to do this when playing an audio CD.