Digifusion FVRT 100 good or bad???

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by navigatorsyard, Dec 4, 2004.

1. navigatorsyard

navigatorsyard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thinking about getting this to replace the video. Novice at such things, can anyone give any reviews if they own one?

I have heard that its a bit "fisrt generation and clunky". I also read that the software was a bit nasty in terms of prgramming etc......

any views gratefully recieved.....

Is the Humax better? alternatives, things to wait for|???

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    For the price, it's not a bad box. The remote is a bit small and fiddly, with very small buttons that are hard to see in a darkened room. After using Sky+, the lack of a "series link" button (where you can set the box to record every programme in a series) is a disappointment. The quality of the received pictures, and the quality of SP quality recordings are as good as Sky+, in my opinion. You also can't start watching a recording until the recording has finished, but I hear that will be fixed in a future upgrade.

One trick the DigiFusion box can do that Sky+ can't is to compress recorded programmes to lower quality to save space. However, this is of limited value, since you can (allegedly) upgrade the drive in both boxes for around £100 to give you over 100 hours of recording time. :)

3. Britcitchris

Britcitchris
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im pretty pleased with mine. I bought it just over a month ago and have had no real problems except one. Oddly enough, it happened last night. This morning the hard drive was wiped blank, losing quite a few recordings......Grrr. Anyone know why this can happen?

4. father alice

father alice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    QUOTE]You also can't start watching a recording until the recording has finished, but I hear that will be fixed in a future upgrade.[/QUOTE]

This chasing play featue was enabled by ota update a few months ago.

I got my parents one of these last Christmas, along with a Kameleon 6 in 1 to replace the pvr remote - The original remote is pants! terrible range, and very cheap feel. But the Kam works a treat with it, and the box has been very well recieved by my parents.

Initially there were some problems with recordings being corrupted with a weak signal, but I believe the latest software upates have solved these. EDIT maybe not seeing the above reply!, but I believe it is MUCH better if not cured.

14 day epg is handy ( need to be able to recieve mux d), and frequent OTA upates, so pretty good support.

As you can pick them up for £120, I would definately recommend it, although the later models have a bigger HD. Still 20 hours on freeview is probably more than enough!

Regarding the series link. There were rumours it would be added in the next update, although I don't think it will be as sophisticated as the sky+ version - more akin to a vcr repeat function.