1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

digifusion FRT101T problem

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Keithhampson, May 20, 2005.

1. Keithhampson

Keithhampson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I have just bought a digifusion FRT101T freeview and connected it to my 32 inch sony tv, I have set the box to widescreen, however when I put a channel which doesen't broadcast in widescreen on freeview it leaves 2 large black line at either side of the picture, (4:3) So what I have to do is change the setting on my tv to widesreen 16:9 and it works fine, if the freeview channel is bradcasting in widescreen all is fine, is there anyway I can get my freeview box to expand the picture without me having to do so with my tv remote just like my last freeview did which did stretch the picture to fill the screen, I know its no really a fault but it is bugging me.

Thank you
    Keith

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    The Digifusion is passing the widescreen switching signal to your TV via the scart cable. There are ways of stopping this - some TV's allow a fixed resolution or "auto", or another way is to cut the wire which supplies this signal (I think it's pin 8, but not totally sure, so check first).

3. Keithhampson

Keithhampson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    yes that is what is happening it is telling my TV to change the picture from 16:9 to 4:3, I don't fancy cutting wires because knowing my look I will cut the wrong one, Is there any other way? Can I adjust my tv to stop changing this setting, my tv is a Sony KV-32CS70 32 inch, this is really bothering me, I after sit with 2 remotes in my hand when changing channels.

Thanks Keith