• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Digifusion FRT100

Disley

Standard Member
Just got one of these from a charity shop - works ok on all channels except BBC which all seem to be glitchy....Is there a firmware update that would fix this?

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
No firmware fix will fix a bad aerial signal, which is the most probable cause of the symptom you describe.

Disley

Standard Member
If the signal was bad then all the channels would be affected. The problem relates to BBC only. According to the setup utility, signal is 94% from Crystal Palace.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
If the signal was bad then all the channels would be affected.

You have a lot to learn about Digital Terrestrial TV reception.
Have a read through most posts on the forum about poor reception.
Which transmitter are you receiving from?

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
Bad reception on just one Multiplex as a result of an insufficient aerial installation is quite feasible.

The difference in signal level between "just good enough to be perfect" and "not good enough to be perfect" and "insufficient for anything at all" is tiny. Different behaviour of different boxes with marginal signal can easily be accounted for by miniscule differences in tuner sensitivity.

The setup utility will show you the signal attributes for just one of the six multiplexes at any one time. If you happen to be looking at one of the "good" ones, then you might expect it to show good values.

D

Dolly Buster

Anyone have the installation instructions for the FRT100 along with the correct cabling via TV and video?

I disconnected mine from the power supply when working away for a month, now returned and plugged in, powers up but cannot get any menu etc.

fernandez

Distinguished Member
Anyone have the installation instructions for the FRT100 along with the correct cabling via TV and video?

I disconnected mine from the power supply when working away for a month, now returned and plugged in, powers up but cannot get any menu etc.

Assuming the box isn't faulty and it's just a cabling problem, this is worth a look whilst you await specific replies

http://www.sonydigital-link.com/Tutorials/TV/Diagrams/sd/diagrams_sd.asp?site=odw_en_GB

It covers most eventualities

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom