Digifusion and Apple Mac

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by andygaughan, Dec 2, 2004.

Tags:
  1. andygaughan

andygaughan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

Any ideas how I can port recordings on my Digifusion VRT100 across to my Apple Mac powerbook?

Thanks!
    Andy

2. adrianl

adrianl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Andy,

Don't know much about the Digifusion but I am a huge Mac fan and Powerbook user!

I don't think there's any way to do this. Presumably the Digifusion just records the mpeg2 data direct to its hard drive, and then uses internal freeview decoder to play that out.

Does the Digifusion have a Scart out socket you can connect to external recorder? I have an excellent Panasonic E85 HDD/DVD, and if there's something I'd like to watch on a trip or something burn the recording to DVD and it looks great on the 'book. Find I need to use freeware VLC DVD Player rather than Apple's DVD player though, since the dvd-r doesn't carry a widescreen 'flag' so looks squashed vertically with DVD Player on a 4:3 screen (1024 x 768 G4 12 inch) and can't be adjusted. VLC lets you select a 16:9 ratio.

Even if Digifusion has an output, realise it's a tortuous chain for you to record, re-record then burn to DVD just to watch on Powerbook!