1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

digicam to florida?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by wakefield123, Nov 22, 2003.

1. wakefield123

wakefield123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If i take my jvc grdx95 cam to florida can I playback on a US tv?(assuming the hotel tv has an input somewhere.)

2. Ayub

Ayub

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +577
    yes most are switchable. You would ave to go into the menu/then settings/then format/then change to ntsc?

3. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You'll have to run that by me again Ayub, are you saying that you know of camcorders where the output can be switched at will between PAL and NTSC simply by using the camcorder menu.

I've never come across one and I know some people who would be very happy if they knew how to do that, the signal actually recorded on the tape contains PAL or NTSC coding and putting a PAL tape into an NTSC camera will not work.

Most of the newer TV's sold in this country can play NTSC although the majority only do so in black and white. I do not know what the TV's generally available in America are capable of, we need one of our American friends to advise us or perhaps you should try posting on an American Forum.

4. Ayub

Ayub

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +577
    i have a sony DCRPC-100E i can switch between pal and ntsc. I have never used on on any other than pal as i live in the uk. Its on the menu system i'm assuming most have it. I am not a expert by far. I have in on my menu and i thought that would help.

5. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,264
    The GR-DX95 certainly doesn't have this so you won't be able to play back your tapes unless the hotel set has PAL playback, which is unlikely.

One other thing to note is that if you film indoors, particularly under flourescent lighting, you will get a slight flicker on your pictures due to the 60Hz mains in the U.S.