Digibox with no Audio Out

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by marshy.dave, Mar 15, 2004.

1. marshy.dave

marshy.dave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My set top Pace telewest box does not have audio out. I just rang Telewest to have it change and was told that audio out boxes are no longer supported, even tho a neighbour has just this weekend had the service installed with an audio.

Has anyone got any ideas as to how I can get my box changed. I want to use a Spare video only QED Squart cable for connection to my plasma.

Dave...

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    I think that's tough luck, Dave. The cable co's are notorious for this kind of thing, be grateful, yours might not need a redeye to work with a pronto remote. That's saved you £35, go and buy another scart!

That sounds a bit harsh! You might be able to get a RGB scart with stereo audio breakout to 2 phono to do what you need, or take the audio out of the video scart, which being composite only, you have little use for?

3. marshy.dave

marshy.dave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just wanted to re use my expensive squart cable, once i get some component cables it will become redundant, unless someone can tell me that my existing squart picture quality will be on a par with some good component cables for DVD playback

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    Audio out of the VCR scart looks like the way to go then. you've probably got the hardware in a bottom drawer, as it were!