1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digibox with no Audio Out

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by marshy.dave, Mar 15, 2004.

1. marshy.dave

marshy.dave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My set top Pace telewest box does not have audio out. I just rang Telewest to have it change and was told that audio out boxes are no longer supported, even tho a neighbour has just this weekend had the service installed with an audio.

Has anyone got any ideas as to how I can get my box changed. I want to use a Spare video only QED Squart cable for connection to my plasma.

Dave...

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    I think that's tough luck, Dave. The cable co's are notorious for this kind of thing, be grateful, yours might not need a redeye to work with a pronto remote. That's saved you £35, go and buy another scart!

That sounds a bit harsh! You might be able to get a RGB scart with stereo audio breakout to 2 phono to do what you need, or take the audio out of the video scart, which being composite only, you have little use for?

3. marshy.dave

marshy.dave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just wanted to re use my expensive squart cable, once i get some component cables it will become redundant, unless someone can tell me that my existing squart picture quality will be on a par with some good component cables for DVD playback

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Audio out of the VCR scart looks like the way to go then. you've probably got the hardware in a bottom drawer, as it were!