1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

digibox with digital output

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by G.M, Jun 4, 2002.

Tags:
  1. G.M

G.M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is the sky+ digibox the only one that has a digital audio output?
    There was a sony available some time ago the 760 (I think) and
    it had a digital output There was supposed to be a replacement model out a few months ago.Had a look on sony website can't see anything about digiboxes.
    regards,
    G.M.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    SKY+ is the only digibox that allows the DD5.1 datastream to be selected and then output to a suitable decoder/amp. There is a rumour that the Sony digiboxes are no longer going to be supplied under any of the installation offers, just a rumour:)
    Bad news if you like the brand but good news if you are prepared to pay full price and it allows Sony to continue licensing the technology with no restrictions on extra hardware (Fully enabled DD optical output).

3. G.M

G.M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have been going through some of my back issues of HCC.
    The sony digibox I'm on about is the 750. There's a code to enter in the menu to enable the optical output. There's a follow up to say they're not sure it will output to a suitable amp/receiver.
    Has anyone got their 750 outputting dolby digital?
    What are the differences between the 750 and 760?
    regards,
    G.M.