1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digibox to Panasonic DMR E50 problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by BilboBiggin, Jul 24, 2003.

1. BilboBiggin

BilboBiggin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just purchased a Panasonic DMR E50 DVD Recorder and having set it up as per book, I am unable to playback any recording from my Sky Digibox in Dolby Pro-Logic Surround Sound.

Now when I phone Panasonic I am told it will NOT do it.

Next Time I phone Panasonic I am told it WILL do it.

I have managed to do the Pro-Logic recording, but I get a RED screen, and when the recording ends I have a VERY LOUD audio loop with a HUGE noise.

Can anybody tell me

a) Can I record in Surround from my Digibox and

b) If so.....How ?

Thanks for any reply

A hair pulling out

Bilbo

2. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,402
    Dolby Prologic is matrixed into 2 channels, so if you can record Stereo you can record ProLogic. Are you getting ProLogic and Dolby Digital confused?

3. BilboBiggin

BilboBiggin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Spectre

Thanks for the reply.

I have a Dolby Pro Logic Amp that I am using.

The Panasonic when recording comes up with a box telling you the signal it is getting.

On normal BBC1 + 2, ITV and Channel 4 it comes up with NICAM, but from the Digibox it comes up with stereo L and R.

In the set up menus you can set the type of signal the recorder is getting on normal TV but on AV1, AV2, AV3 and AV4 inputs, Digibox is on AV2, then you can't set it up.

It just comes up with "Auto"