Digibox software version -- is yours current?

FRANTIC FRANC

Novice Member
I've noticed a lot of people ask what software version their Digibox should be. So I think it would be a great idea to use this thread to confirm the latest version for each make/model for reference. To obtain the info press services, 4, 5

Anyone wishing to add/update the list the just reply :thumbsup:

I'll start off with my own box.

Make Pace (Sky+) PVR2
Model Number 4.008p
Operating system Version 1.31B00
Software version sky+4.10.c

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
Make Pace PVR1 unmodified (so far)
Model number 4.6shc6
Version number 9F2003
Operating System Version 1.31B00
EPG Software Version sky+4.10.c

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member

Deputy Dawg UK

Novice Member
How would you update it if it is not the most up to date version ...is it the same as SKY HD boxes ???

FRANTIC FRANC

Novice Member
:rolleyes: you don't seem to get the point of this thread! What I am asking is for people to post their box info on the thread so it is a reference to check if your box IS up to date. So far we have the info for the PACE Sky+ PVR1 & PVR2. We need people to post the other makes/models too. If anyone has a different software version to yours then we know that one of the digiboxes (either yours or the person who posted that make/model info) needs a force update.
Cheers, Franc

FRANTIC FRANC

Novice Member
:nono: err! thanks nick but I too could have just posted that info from one site to the other (it seems only Dave understands what we are trying to achieve). What we want is for people to post 'what they see' not what they can copy & paste. Only that way can we be sure.

Cheers, Franc

bob-avf

Standard Member
Here is what I see

Manufacturer - Pace
Model Number - 4.005
Operating System Version - 1.31A01
EPG Software Version - sky+4.00o

Am I up-to-date ? And if not will sky get round to it ?

How do I know if this is a PVR1,2 etc ??

FRANTIC FRANC

Novice Member
bob-avf said:
Am I up-to-date ? And if not will sky get round to it ?

How do I know if this is a PVR1,2 etc ??
Cheers Bob, you will know if someone else responds to your make/model stating that they have a different software version, then one of you will need to force update. Sky+ boxes are designated PVR1 PVR2 PVR3 nothing to do with standard digiboxes.
Cheers, Franc

kbj242

Novice Member
Question from a soon to be Sky+ owner....
My install is on Wednesday.

some quick (related) questions - (1) how do I do a force update ? and

(2) is this something that should be done every few weeks or months ?

Not sure which box I'll be getting yet btw.

Sorry if its a dumb Q !!!

Thanks.

FRANTIC FRANC

Novice Member
kbj242 said:
(1) how do I do a force update ?
Unplug at mains (or pull the power lead out the back of the Digibox)

press the backup button on the digibox (NOT the backup button on the RCU)

switch the mains back on whilst continuing to press the backup button and do not depress untill all the lights light up on the digiboxes front panel (if you have a scart connection you will see a message on the screen stating 'System software update - do not disconnect blah blah blah'

The box will after some time (between 3 - 15 minutes) switch to standby. press the Sky button after 1 minute or so and the box will then reboot (after 30 seconds or so while it searches for listings)

kbj242 said:
(2) is this something that should be done every few weeks or months ? Thanks.
Well that is the point of the thread! We will report here if we see a software update and thus know when to do one.

Cheers, Franc

p.s. ask the engineer to do one during the install.

nick270881

err! thanks nick but I too could have just posted that info from one site to the other (it seems only Dave understands what we are trying to achieve). What we want is for people to post 'what they see' not what they can copy & paste. Only that way can we be sure.
how about you think about what you post originally then!!

I've noticed a lot of people ask what software version their Digibox should be. So I think it would be a great idea to use this thread to confirm the latest version for each make/model for reference.
I posted you a reference of what digiboxes SHOULD be running on so people can check if their boxes are up to date or not!!!

FRANTIC FRANC

Novice Member
:rolleyes: still missing the point! My original post is quite clear. The sites you get the info from are not necessarilly going to be accurate or up to date all the time.

Cheers, Franc

B

beolab

Manufacturer PACE
Model Number 4.019e
Operating system Version 1.31B00
Software version sky+4.10.c

nick270881

still missing the point! My original post is quite clear. The sites you get the info from are not necessarilly going to be accurate or up to date all the time.

Cheers, Franc
The info I posted was not from any websites. I typed it myself and it comes directly from Sky. It IS ACCURATE.

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
nick270881 said:
The info I posted was not from any websites. I typed it myself and it comes directly from Sky. It IS ACCURATE.
It is only accurate until the next update, but still incomplete - does not list the Panasonic? IDTV which has been waiting updates to be available for some time.

B

beolab

:rotfl: why is it so hard to post your own box details without discussing it? :rotfl:

rayferry

Make Pace (Sky+) PVR2
Model Number 4.005
Version No. 9F2105
Operating system Version 1.31A0I
Software version sky+4.00.o

sdm197

Novice Member
Make Pace PVR2 (Sky+)

EPG Software Version sky+4.10.c
Operating System Version 1.31B00
Version Number 9F2104
Model Number 4.008p

fizl

MAufacturer - Amstrad
Model number 3.fe.02
Operating system version - 1.2s4fe
EPG software version 3.4.4b

(don't laugh at the age of the box!!)

Shaz

Heinz

Novice Member
Make - Panasonic
Model Number - 3.1.F
Version Number - 0F0401
Operating System Version - 1.2S4F3
EPG Software Version - iDTV 3.2.11

N.B. The information copied into Post #8 is therefore inaccurate.

nick270881

There are standard digiboxes not IDTV's that start 0F04, I did not post the details for IDTV's.

Its amazing that you can offer help to people and they immediately throw it right back in your face. I think I'll give my advice to those who appreciate it in the future!:mad:

RABG

Novice Member
Hi All

My digibox details

Grundig 2.78a
ver 4E0503
OS 1.2S4FE
EPG 3.4.4B

RAB

Heinz

Novice Member
nick270881 said:
There are standard digiboxes not IDTV's that start 0F04, I did not post the details for IDTV's.

Its amazing that you can offer help to people and they immediately throw it right back in your face. I think I'll give my advice to those who appreciate it in the future!:mad:
Sorry, I must have misunderstood.

Post #8 said they were listed by version and, as I posted, my iDTV's version number is 0F0401!

My mistake.

A

andrewmann123

GRUNDIG digibox GDS300

model 2.78a
verson number 4E0302
Operating System Version 1.2S4FE
EPG Software Version 3.4.4b
Can any help me update my current firmware?