1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digibox RF2 to multi-rooms setup

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by marchdj, Apr 11, 2005.

1. marchdj

marchdj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Some help would be much appreciated. Similar questions have been riased but not the specifics of mine around.

In essence I wish to connect four rooms to the RF2 output of my digibox but I already have an amplifier and masthead installed for the main aerial (and need to continue using these).

I have an aerial feeding into a Labgear Masthead Amplifier CM7271, this then feeds into a Labgear MSA421 4 way signal booster.

From the MSA421 four room sockets are distributed signals from the aerial only.

I now have sky and wish to use the RF2 (power is enabled) output to feed these 4 televisions with both Sky and terrestrial tv. I conveniently have a spare coax line in my wall socket (used to be used for FM I guess) where the digibox is and I have successfully connected this to the digibox RF2 output and received sky in the loft.

However, I now wish to use this spare co-ax to connect to all four rooms in the loft to feed them Sky/terrestrial. When I tried disconnecting them from the MSA421 and connecting them to the RF2 cable via a Y splitter the picture was illegible. I tried using a 4 way masterplug signal booster (using the RF2 output cable as the UHF input to the masterplug and the four rooms as the 4 outputs) and this seemed to work OK but I am concerned about having two amps in the loft, which surely isn't needed?

Any ideas how this can be easily achieved with the minimum of equipment would be much appreciated.

2. GrahameD

GrahameD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Search for something called a loftbox.

3. Member 231429

Member 231429

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +563
    I simply have the direct feed from the aerial to the input on the digibox. The RF1 output goes into the TV above the digibox and RF2 goes to an amplifier/splitter in the loft which then distributes to the rest of the house giving each room sky and terestrial tv.