1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digibox manual scart switching CAN SOMEONE HELP!

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by syfodyas, Jun 21, 2005.

1. syfodyas

syfodyas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    My Sky digibox is connect to my TVs RGB scart socket.
    A DVD player which I used for MP3 playing through my 5.1 system is connected to sky digitals second port and via loopthrough-, when this dvd playerr is switched on, the sky box automatically switiches to the av channel.
    Now what I want is the abilty to manually switch back to the TV picture, so I can have the DVD player on with music playing but see the TV picture at the same time, good for parties etc..

How can I set this up.
    I use to have a humax pvr 8000t and I did this by pressing the DTV then SOURCE button.
    Please do not suggest I connect the DVD player via s video or composite, I WANT an RGB picture.

2. Bluevanman

Bluevanman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try going into picture settings and turning scart control off. Can't guarantee it will work, but it's all I can suggest.

3. syfodyas

syfodyas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Scart Control switched off disabled RGB, which makes it pointless.
    There should be a manual switch to toggle between sky boxes AUX and the TV picture. Its ridiclious sky have not made this more clear.

Anyone have any suggestions at all?

4. HarryAlffa

HarryAlffa
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    With the Sky box switched on, then the DVD player. What about switching the Sky box off, then on again. Perhaps this will set the Sky picture on the TV?

5. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    I think the only way to do this would be to physically break the control wire in the scart cable and fit a switch.