1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digibox - davs 550 advice

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by PaulBrum, May 7, 2003.

1. PaulBrum

PaulBrum
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I currently have my sky digibox (Pace) connected to my davs 550 via 2 cheap (ish) phono leads. Audio out (L&R RCA) on the digibox to audio in (L&R RCA) on video 2 on the davs unit.

I've noticed that on the 'normal surround' sound setting on the davs unit, the sound from the rear speakers is somewhat garbled and on the 'auto decode' setting i get no rear speaker sound at all.

To my way of thinking, if sky broadcast in digital - should i not get surround sound ???

If I switch to 'cinema a,b or c' soung setting, i get reasonably clear sound from the rear speakers.

Is this all down to the quality of my phono cables, or have i completely got it wrong

Confused of Birmingham !!

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Sky only broadcast stereo, you can use PL2 if you have it, the only way to get DD is Sky+ box on a couple if that movie channels!

3. PaulBrum

PaulBrum
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    PL2 = pro-logic 2 i take it. God knows how i get that to work - the instruction manual with the davs 550 might as well be written in mandarin !!!!!

Think i may be getting pl2 on the cinema setting ??????

even more confused of Brum

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    LOL No idea mate PL2 yeah pro logic 2 for DD DTS its either 6 channels analogue, optical or Coaxial digital connection only on Sky plus, Best bet is see what sounds best and dont worry about the name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. pop-blue

pop-blue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On your dav remote select video 1 or video 2 so you get your pace box coming through and then use the sound field button so you get normal surround on screen. Should find this sounds better. Basically forcing the 2 channels into surround sound
    Hope this helps