Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Digi Sky channel 4 problem

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by jjsteph1969, Mar 1, 2005.

1. jjsteph1969

jjsteph1969
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, we have panasonic sky digi box and the problem is that when we watch Channel 4 we have a intermitted cracking noise from the sound. What could it be?. It's only on Channel 4.

All advice would be welcome

JOHN

2. chrisrich

chrisrich
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Me too. I have no idea whats causing this. It's only been happening to me for about a month or so, ocaisionally I get some artifacts on the screen too. Also ocaisionally get this on ITV2.

I was ignoring this as I thought it was probably some issue with reception and we are moving soon. Having said that I have 3/4 full signal strength and 3/4 full singnal quality.

3. nathanhill69

nathanhill69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Panasonics have been known to develop this kind of audio fault when watching the RGB signal output. Strangely enough it happened to me usually whilst watching E4 - seemed to be when they cut to white screens which feature a lot on E4's idents. vaguely remember it's related to the power supply, but don't worry I don't think you're box is about to blow

My suggestion is to switch to the normal PAL output (I know, it's not such a good signal) and see if this makes any difference. If it sorts the problem I'm afraid you might have to be content with a PAL signal. Of course it might be totally unrelated to what I'm saying but worth a go - let us know.

Nathan

4. chrisrich

chrisrich
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ah that makes sense. I only recently switched over to RGB when I got my LCD TV. Guess I'll be switching back now :)

Thanks Nathan

5. jjsteph1969

jjsteph1969
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, Big thanks for all the advice. I am running the panasonic box with RGB settings. I will go back to the PAL setting. Is there any other way to stop this problem with Channel 4

JOHN

6. chrisrich

chrisrich
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Theres a few places on google that can apparently fix the issue. One I found after a quick google was http://www.satcure.co.uk/repairs.htm. Personally I think I'm going to leave it. We only have the freeview channels now; so i'm not overly fussed. When I move I might buy a freeview box then the digibox can go upstairs.