1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digi sender and Sky+

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by kaznian, Feb 28, 2005.

1. kaznian

kaznian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have sky + installed in front room, but do not have any method of saving the recordings, e.g DVDr or VHS. I do have a high spec PC in the study, and a digi sender i used to use prior to getting multi room.

The PC has a good quality TV card in it. Is it possible to set up the digi sender between the Sky+ and the PC Tv Card to to save the sky+ programmes. If so, what will the quality be like?

Cheers

2. Hopeful

Hopeful

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry not to be able to answer your question but I have a related one of my own which I hope someone will be able to answer.

I have a Philips VL1200 video sender connected to my Sky+ 160 box but have not been able to get the remote signals back to the Sky box to change channel etc regardless of where I put the boxes or the IR booster. Not expecting miracles just volume and channel change.

Anyone know how I could solve the problem - perhaps using a magic eye?

3. graham w

graham w

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Kaz,
    you should be able to do this quite easily.
    The receiver side of the digisender has a scart,you will need a lead (scart to video,audio left & right) they exist as i have one.
    Connect the composite leads to the input on the tv card.
    The tv card will now play this on the pc which can be captured and saved in various compressions.

Hopeful
    its a bit rude to jump on somethoes topic but you will find if you place the ir extender in front of the sky ir sensor it will work.