1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digi dish lives on !

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Jon Baker, Aug 27, 2001.

1. Jon Baker

Jon Baker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I replaced my digi dish with my old solid 80cm dish - the sky installer had used my pole mount.<br />However although the signal was good 80%+ the quality was zero.<br />I tried replacing the quad lnb with the lnb I used orignally with the 80cm dish only to get the same thing.<br />Stuck the digi dish (including its lnb)back up and strength and quality were back as before the swap.<br />I used a compass to check the headings so I am sure I was pointing at astra 2a, and a sat beeper to align the dish.<br />Whats happening ?

2. Jon Baker

Jon Baker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorted now the LNB needs skewing. If you look at the F plug going into the mini dish you will see that the LNB inside the plastic cover is skewed slightly.<br />Signal strength and quality now about 90%, need some monsoon rain now to see how robust it is.<br />Now I have my quad lnb what are the chances of getting a digi+ box without paying the £50 installation ?