1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

digi camera problem...

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Mr Cat, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Mr Cat

Mr Cat
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Hi Folk's, got a bit of a query here..

ok, got an oldish fujifilm finepix a201 (2mb) camera which is fine to use, as well as the orginal 16mb martmedia memory card, I've purchased 2 additional 256mb ones - whenever I transfer the images to my PC, I usually format the memory card, now, in recent weeks, I have (on one card at least) simply just erased all of the pictures...I was out last weekend and when I took some photos, they just seemed to be a bit blurred, as in it lost some of the clarity, it wasn't camera shake or anything like this - but it seems to be that, when I format the card, the images remain sharp, but when I simply erase the images, the card somehow manages to lose some dat, sound daft, but has anyone got any ideas..?
    I will test when I get time, but formatting the card again, and talking a test picture, just seems a bit strange now!

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    The only thing that I can think of is that the card has a table of contents & when you just delete the pics this is not cleared down. Therefore when the camera checks the card it thinks the pics are still on it and therefore lowers the resolution to allow you to get your pics on the card. If this is the case then the camera is just being too inteligent for its own good :rolleyes: .
    I have heard of cards slowing down when not formatted, but not this.
    Also it is a good idea to format cards in the camera and not on the PC.

Mark.

3. woody67

woody67

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I thought that all the picture data is stored as a complete file, and it would not be possible to corrupt just the sharpness of a picture. Its all or nothing - readable or corrupt, there are no in-betweens.

You say this is a first occurance, so you should try to emulate it again, and perhaps look for other possibilities. Is it blurred or just lower resolution?

Is all the picture blurred, some parts more than others, moving objects blurred? Is it the same with flash, at differing zooms and at different programme modes?

woody