1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difficult choice

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by kmcgarvey, Oct 25, 2004.

1. kmcgarvey

kmcgarvey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've made the decision to purchase a new compact all in one system (from once having Denon A1D Amp, KEF Speakers etc).

My difficulty is this, I don't really want to or need to spend a fortune 200-250 would actually be good. My other difficulty is rear speaker placement, in that it will be quite difficult to get any rear speakers into any 'rear' position....trust me.

Can anyone recommend a) a good system and if possible b) a good system that may allow for some rear sound trickery (I've heard wireless mentioned before and this 3point surrond sound from Pioneer)

Any help would be much appreciated

Yours, someone who desperately needs to get back into the homecinema hotseat :lease:

2. Father Ted

Father Ted
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Only just got my all-in-one system .The wireless system on my JVC thsw8 consists of an fm receiver unit (that has to have a mains supply) that feeds, via speaker cable ,two omni-directonal rear surround speakers.(THe FM signal is sent from the DVD player to the rear FM receiver unit) It works very well indeed and there are no unsightly wires from the Sub to the rear speakers to contend with!

I did get my system from 'B/E direct' for £269.99 but after this they put the price up to 329.99!....maybe you could try 'em out if the system appeals to you?...the speakers themselves are fairly compact unobtrusive items so billy bonus for my set-up! :thumbsup:

3. kmcgarvey

kmcgarvey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay then, I think I've made up my mind on the Pioneer DCS323. Now before I take the plunge does anyone have any info / experience using them? Ta very much