Differnt Sharp models?

jimg

Established Member
Reaction score
I am looking at the 37" Sharp models and am totally confused by the range, what do all the letters mean?

On the Sharp website they list the following
LC-37GA4E
LC-37GD1E
LC-37AD1E

I have also seen on websites: LC-37HV4E and LC-37GA5E !

I am guessing that the A & D are analogue and Digital but what is V? :confused:

I do not really need a tuner or speakers as I will be using SKY+ and DVD, but if that's what you get then OK.

Ignoring tuner and speakers is it always the same screen and therefore same picture quality?

Hope there is a Sharp wizard out there :thumbsup:

Cheers
Jim

HV are old models I think, expect our residential sharp pro to pay this thread a visit soon

Cheers Ironduke I will wait for him to arrive..... :smashin:

His name is horny dragon

sounds like a bit of a perv if u ask me

even numbers = speakers on the side (ga4)
odd numbers = speakers underneath (ga3)

the new 37" ga3 is very very nice in titanium colour too though its more like a gunmetal.

Hi alscds

I think I am getting there! The GA3 and GA4 are analogue and have different speaker locations?
The AD1 is Digital.

The Sharp Uk website only lists one in titanium:
LC-37GD1E 37” WIDESCREEN LCD TV

The Dutch Sharp website says: that GD stands for Grand Digital

So are the GA3E,GA4E and GD1E all the same screen technology? What else is different apart from speaker location and type?
Cheers
Jim :lease:

jimg said:
Hi alscds

Where do you get that one from? The Sharp Uk website only lists one in titanium:
LC-37GD1E 37” WIDESCREEN LCD TV

The Dutch Sharp website says: that GD stands for Grand Digital

Cheers
JIm :lease:
sorry m8 my fault odds n evens applies to speakers bottom or side , yep gd1 is titanium available in 32 or 37 one again i do appologise :blush:

It is starting to make sense, I can see the even/odd bit for side/bottom but why 1,2,3,4,5?

I am still keen to understand if there are any differences between the actual picture quality on the various 37" models? Any-one know? :lease: :lease:

depends what you are using it for...... generally the only real differences are speaker locations as pointed out..... and the internals of media box differ slightly analogue and digital tuners DVi inputs etc...... HV4E was first 37" screen and has been superceeded by the G series there are also small differences to the panel Designer unit is most likely sold out only 60 screens were released in UK.............. Titanium gets my vote...

AND I AM NO PERV.TUT TUT TUT
Well your wife didnt think so anyway :D

Cheers Hornydragon,
I guess then all the G range are the same screen technology and as you say just variations on what is packaged with it?
Another question for you,
I am going to be using SKY+ and DVD, and I am interested in the possible HD broadcasts coming along from SKY. I have seen lots of posts about the 50/60hz problem, if I have one with DVI what does it all mean if 50hz is not listed as being supported?

Cheers
Jim
P.S. I like the look of the titanium model :thumbsup:

HD Standards for Europe are all sort up in the air at the moment We RUN our SD Broadcasts at 50Hz US run at 60Hz old old story that means syncs are based around mains frequency..... processing now is good enough not too rely on mains frequency for sync PC monitors use 62-75HzAs long as you have component inputs HD is not a problem i will be impressed if Sky included DVi and HDMI and component outs on box.... besides a scaler will always change it for you anyway... dont stress it mate...

You are right HD, I have just been speaking to the Aquos tech line person ( there is only one person handling the line! ) on 0800 138882. He says that LCD are not like plasma and the 50/60hz is not an issue. I think I will be going for the LC-37GA4E that has side speakers, so when I remove them the screen height on the stand is still the same. I would like to go for the LC-37GD1E in titanium but it does not seem to be discounted by any-one. It's a big jump from £2600/£2700 to £4000! :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom