1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

differing pal format

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by jchalmers, Aug 1, 2003.

1. jchalmers

jchalmers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i am soon to be moving to australia and want to buy a camcorder to go with.i have been told tv's and vcr's from uk won't work in oz due to differing pal formats.i will be wanting to send footage home to family from oz on vhs tape as well as doing the same for myself in oz.
    will i have a problem recording footage from a uk camcorder to an australian vcr to be played back on a uk vcr?
    thinking of jvc gr-dvp9. any comments?

2. infomatique

infomatique

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Here is some info that I copied from another forum ...

The difference is the standard for the tunner. They use PAL I in England while they use PAL B/G in Australia.

The difference is in the RF tuner in TVs and video recorders - they use different spacing of the sound carrier relative to the video carrier, so the pictures will probably be OK with a PAL I only but there will be no sound. The baseband signal (composite video from SCART or phono sockets) is the same.
    VHS tapes recorded in the UK will play OK in Aus and vice-versa.