Different Wifi Speeds

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by shodan, Feb 18, 2013.

Tags:
  1. shodan

shodan
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,749
    Hi folks,

I'm fairly computer literate but don't know a great deal about networks.

At home I have BT Infinity 3 and the wireless PC (laptop) shows speedtests of approx 60Mb/s download and 20Mb/s upload speeds, that I am obviously happy with.

However, in the house we have 3 android tablets and 2 android phones and each of them "only" speedtest at about 27Mb/s download and 20Mb/s upload.

So as its the same on all Android devices, the problem must be with them and not the router.

Any ideas on how I can increase the speed of the android devices? Maybe settings on them or something in the router settings?

Also as a side note, what the hell use is a 60Mb/s connections to me? I surf the net, occasionally download stuff, stream netflix and game PS3 online FPS. What can I do thats going to utilize this superfast connection of mine?

2. kBm

kBm
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,299
    What android devices are you using? I was disappointed to find that the Galaxy Note maxed out at 15mb/s based on the limitations if the hardware. I read at the time although it claims to use Wi-Fi b/n/g its not quite the same as a pc or laptop.

3. shodan

shodan
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,749
    The devices are....

Asus Transformer TF101
    HTC One X
    Android Tablet (chinese make)
    Nabi 2 (another Android Tablet but for kids, fantastic bit of kit!!!).

Don't get me wrong, the devices aren't slow but I'm not getting what I'm paying for in respect that BT are delivery perfectly but I'm not able to make much use of it!!!!