1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Different Sound Zones

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Nobber, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Nobber

Nobber
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Not sure if this is the right section

I'm interested in discovering the best way of distributing sound around the house with perhaps 3 zones

1. What type of amp/reciver should I consider
    2. Cables/wireless whats available these days

thanks
    Nobber

2. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +599
    choices are

Denon do a top flight amp that i think has 3 zone capability, 5.1 in one zone, then 2 stereo zones.......cant remember but i think it has 3 video zones as well, but it might just be 2.....that will cost £3,500-4000 depending where u buy it....

Server system, Cyrus and Yahama i think make the two main consumer ones, they are not cheap either, usually u pay a grand or so for the main unit, then so many hundred for each client, however i think you can have quite a few clients hooked up....i think one or both is wireless for sending mp3 quality or wired for CD quality......check the respective companies websites for more info.....(possibly cost around £3,000 for probably 4 zones total, cant remember off top of me head tho)

then you have the more business like approach, proper switch boxes with multiple sources, probably the least cheap for a home user, usually to make these cost effective your talking half a dozen zones minimum, more likely a dozen or upwards....

um, im sure there was another one, but i just got distracted watching Nevermind the Buzzcocks...lol....sorry, hope some of this is helpful...

3. Nobber

Nobber
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks, I wasn't sure if I was behind the times and whether or not there was some sort of ipod type wireless solution

Cheers

Nobber

4. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +599
    i think Apple has something for ipod that u plug in the wall socket that allows you to send wirelessly, cant remember, vaguely thinking its called AirPort or something similar.....

5. wingnut1

wingnut1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Try the Sonus wireless system, Seems to be getting good reviews in the press and i have heard it sounds fabulous!