• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Different Mp3 lists on PC and 360 - plz help.

Gary D

Distinguished Member
i'm sure this common, but i cant find the solution.

I installed MCE last week setup went lovely no issues at all. added music, pictures, holiday videos etc.

However, the MP3's were not as well tagged as i thought. Is i donned my anorak and set about doing some tagging/editing. The resulting mp3s are fab. Hi rez album art, no Unknown artists or albums that wont display. :smashin:

Now heres the rub. the PC version displays a lovely UP TO DATE list of songs. but the 360 is showing what appears to be a "Cached" version of the header files from quite a few edits back. i do i refresh this? i've tried adding and re adding the folders it looks in and going through add music (and no ive not taken 6000 mps and deleted them manually in MCE - that would be a nightmare - eek :eek::D)


EDIT: I've set it going again and this time is is working but its just so slow - its been process "A" for about an hour. this cant be right can it? My network has no speed issues im aware of.

Help for the noob would be appreciated.

thanks

Gary
 

MartinH32

Well-known Member
I had a problem like this and took me forever to get MCE to import all the MP3's again. Never found a way to get it working right.
:(
 

Gary D

Distinguished Member
MartinH32 said:
I had a problem like this and took me forever to get MCE to import all the MP3's again. Never found a way to get it working right.
:(

Thats bad news - and a terrible design flaw. If XBMC can do it seemlessly why cant a commercial program?

I've just been messing about with bad links and its deleted some files :(

I think i'm going to have to shunt the files off somewhere safe, go through the the tedious task of deleting all the cached referances, then import again.

i cant believe they have made it so hard to do, very poor IMO.



Gary
 

sanderton

Active Member
[cross post from another thread]
The simplest way to maintain the extender's library is to get everything AOK on the main MCE user's library, then simply copy the library files to the Extender's account.

It's been suggested (although I haven'y tried it yet) that you can set up a symlink from the extender's library to the main users, so they actually work from the same file.

The library files are here:

C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player
 

Gary D

Distinguished Member
sanderton said:
The library files are here:

C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player

Superb!! Thank you so much :thumbsup: i've just sdpent a mere 3 hours retagging after the disaster of yesterday and i've got about 40% redone.

No nightmares of having to seek for folders - everything is there exactly as it should be.

Thanks again.


Gary
 

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom