Different Amazon Prime Versions

PianoMan55

Novice Member
I have a 4 year old Samsung 49" curved screen TV, and a 1 year old Vizio 43" with SmartCast. Both came with the Prime app installed.
About 3 months ago I noticed that the Samsung Prime app appeared to have been updated. It is a much better version than the previous one. The Prime app on the Vizio remained unchanged.
The new version on the Samsung has Fast Forward/Reverse transport buttons that is much like Netflix. When I Fast forward, the preview panels appear above the transport toolbar, just like Netflix. It is much easier to use and doesn't have the lag-time when clicking on the transport and Options buttons. And you get the preview so you can see where to stop and hit Play.
I sure would like to get the Samsung version on my 3 Vizio's. Much more user friendly.
Anyone familiar with this problem? (I used the term "Transport" since it's the only term I know and the term that is used in my recording software for the Forward/Reverse, Play, Pause, Record, etc. I have a medium size recording studio at home.)

larkone

Distinguished Member
You need the manufacturer - Vizio - to release a version for their TVs, whether they will not or not depends how they offer ongoing support for their TVs.

gibbsy

As above it depends on the operating system and the apps can differ from model to model. Some can ever disappear is the manufacturer stops supporting it.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J Thoughts, madVR Processor & Sonus faber Lumina II Reviews + Movie & TV roundup
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom