1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Differencies between Hitachi 42PMA500E and 42PD5000-series

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by arikhard, Apr 29, 2004.

1. arikhard

arikhard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, this my first post to this thread.

I am planning to buy 42-inch HITACHI plasma display for use with HCPC (using DVI connector of plasma).
    Now I am wondering whether I should buy 42PMA500E or one of 42PD5000-series panel. I am planning to use Nebula Digi-TV card so I wouldn't need built in tuner ( 42PD5200) or AV-box (42PD5300) or even fitted video board (42PD5100). But the problem is that I have not yet clear understanding of differencies between 42PMA500E and 42PD5000-series plasma panels (I mean panel itself)? Actually one of the finnish Hitachi resellers told me that they are excatly same panels, absolutely no differencies. But this is hard to belive because the price of 42PMA500E here in Finland is 4000€ and the price of 42PD5200 is 3750€ (cheapest 5000-series panel). If the panels itself are indentical then buying 42PD5200 (of course) would be better deal. So, is there any technical differencies and which model would You recommend for use with HCPC (watching digi-TV channels and DVD, no gaming). Thanks in advance.

2. riku

riku
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you managed to demo any Hitachi plasmas in Finland yet ? I live there too and might buy the new 37". Mikromaja in Roihuvuori have it at 3300e but they don't have it for demo. I think Helsinki sound+cinema will be getting a Hitachi 42" on display next week.

3. arikhard

arikhard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No, I have not seen demo yet. Thanks for information about possible demo place - in the middle of Finland there are no places where to demo Hitachi plasmas (at least I am not aware of). Yes, Mikromaja has maybe lowest Hitachi prices in Finland.

Anybody has some information concerning my orignal post ?