Differences SuperNait and SuperUniti

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Roadrunner, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Roadrunner

Roadrunner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've reviewed the Naim website and am not clear on the differences between the SuperNait and SuperUniti, other than the CD and streamer on the SuperUniti. Would someone help me with the differences?

Thanks

2. BlueWizard

BlueWizard
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,212
    You are not getting any responses because it is a confusing question.

You ask, what is the difference besides the CD and Streaming? Well, that IS the difference.

One is an integrated Amp with 80w/ch, and the other is an 'All In One Audio Player' with 50w/ch.
    Though the Nait does have a built-in DAC which is handy.

To truly understand the difference, start with the Nait, then to the price, add a CD Player and Network Music Streaming. Compare those prices and the difference will be clear.

I think you will get few responses unless you can clarify the scope and intent of your question.

They are both good. Once has more power and fewer features, the other has less power and more features. That's it. That's all there is to it.

Keep in mind that in a NAIM amp, a 50w/ch amp is still a pretty solid amp.

Steve/bluewizard

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  3. rednotdead

rednotdead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    The superuniti doesn't have a CD player, the naimuniti does. Both the supernait and superuniti are 80w/ch. Both are very closely related in terms of the amp section - the superuniti adds the streaming functionality.

If you want streaming and CD in one box, you need the naimuniti 2. Superb bit of kit and don't be put off by the seemly lowly amp specs, naim are notorious for 'downplaying' their amps. My uniti fills my 24' x 26' room with ease despite being 'only' 50w/ch.