1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

differences between sony VPL10WHT and VPL11WHT?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by richard plumb, Jan 27, 2002.

1. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,026
    (I think thats their model numbers - you know the ones I mean anyway)

Are there major differences that would cause me as a newcomer to projectors to ignore the 10 and go for the 11? It seems as though I can get 10's from some places for quite a bit less as end of stock items.

As a comparison, I'm also looking at the really low end (PT100AE, PLV30, Sony Cineza). But I got spoiled by my dealer demoing a SIM2, so now I want to see how close I can get without spending £5000

2. Dangerous

Dangerous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Check out this link for info on 11ht.http://www.sonypresentation.com/
    The main differences are improved lamp life, improved black levels,better air filtration improved contrast and the ability to display native resolution in computer mode. If you have the money go for an 11ht the 10 ht is a disapointment if you want the best picture which means using computer mode driven by a hcpc.

Dave

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Richard,
    Check out my thread in the Owl forum here re;-Sony vpl 11ht v`s Sim200dm.
    Doug

4. nigel_williams

nigel_williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I know a couple of suppliers like Musical images are selling off the VW10 for £3,400 but it's limited stock since being discontinued by Sony. I had a demo of the VW10 and was very impressed - Musical Images recommended it over the SIM2 as my room is 13 Feet so the Sony will be better with it's short-throw lens.

As for suppliers of the VW11, the best price I've got is £3,800 mainly from the Internet. PRC who advertise resularly quoted £4,150 which is pretty good, Sound and Vision in Bolton £4,100.

Good luck!