1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Differences between Sony TRV 19, 22 and 33?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by elfranko, Oct 7, 2003.

1. elfranko

elfranko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all - finally decided on a camcorder brand and have found these three fit in with what I am looking for, but the 33 is up to £70 more expensive than the 19 in some cases online (Never buy offline if I can!!) - can anyone tell me the fundemental difference between the three? From what I can see, its that the 22 and 33 also do av in/out and the 33 has a 1.0mp chip and does 16:9mode, is that it?? Should I fork out £554 for the 33 or go for the 22 at £479?

thanks

frank

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,389
    Product name DCR-TRV33 DCR-TRV19
    Best price £546.01 £399.99
    Number of pixels 1.07 Megapixels 0.8 Megapixels
    Extra memory support Yes No
    Progressive scan for photos Yes No

TRV33: Memory Stick for stills and MPEG 1 ( 8MB inc ) / 28% Smaller and 22% lighter than previous model / Colour Nightshot mode
    TRV19: Digital Program Editing / 28% Smaller and 22% lighter than previous model / Remote IR Commander

Found the above comparison on www.pricerunner.com
    From the above it looks like the TRV33 if you want to takes still pictures and pictures in the dark. Also as you said it has the widescreen CCD.
    For full specs on the cams I would suggest looking at the Sony web site.

Mark.

3. elfranko

elfranko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ta for info - did my own scooting about the net and found several good reviews for the 33, plus a gold 90% Aug 03 in 'Camcorder User', so I got one from AJElectronics for £550 - lovely.

cheers

frank

4. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Too late I was going to recommend the 33!!!!