1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Differences between HCT-10R and DPS-10

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Baaz, Nov 27, 2004.

1. Baaz

Baaz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hello!

From what I have figured out these two are in the same (that's my) price range. Could anyone tell me why I should pick one above the other?

/B

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I don't think that the DPS range has been released in the UK so we may not be of much help with this question. The specs as far as driver and amp look remarkably similar and they seem to have a similar internal volume although the cabinets are slightly different sizes.

3. Bruce Hall

Bruce Hall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's right. The DPS is 117V (North America) only. Other than that though, the subs share the same amp, driver, slot tuning, and DSP-based control circuitry. THe CHT-R has the remote control which allows for a couple more features such as mute and more flexible phase adjustment.

Hope this helps,
    Bruce

4. Baaz

Baaz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for your input Mr. Hall.

So, it's basically the same speaker. Well, since I'm also non-american and I don't have much choice in this matter I'm happy that we might have the what seems to be the better version (regarding the phase adjustment anyway).

/B - soon to be a member of the Velodyne club. (Velodyne, accept no substitute...)