Differences between 50PHD6 & 50PHW6..?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by SimonO, Nov 16, 2003.

1. SimonO

SimonO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Other than the colour (& price), I'd like know the differences between these two models...

2. YellowCows

YellowCows
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Essentially, they are the same. The distinction, besides colour (& price) is their intended markets and sales teams.

PHW6 is consumer-targeted (hence silver bezel). Sales & Support handled by Panasonic consumer electronics division.

PHD6 is targeted for commercial use. Handled by commercial/enterprise/business division (or whatever they call it).

In the past, commercial and consumer panels had different ratings - commercial panels only having to comply with 'A'-type classification, which means they could interfere with other electronics nearby (as in a home environment), while consumer panles are rated 'B' class, which means they are certified for use in the home (low electro-magnetic emissions, less likelihood to interfere with adjacent components). That would be another difference that might apply in this case, though I've never heard of any such problems with any Panasonic displays, commercial or consumer.

HTH

Moory

3. SimonO

SimonO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Thanks Yellowcows... I had been led to believe that some of the menu driven functionality was different..?

4. YellowCows

YellowCows
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    My dealer says they are the same, but he has stock of neither, so....

Why not ask Liam @ Av-Sales? They list both panels on their website, maybe he can shed some light?