Difference Samsung series

R

rvdgroep

Hi to all,

I am new to this forum and have a question:

I am looking for a new LCD TV and the samsung models look very appealing to me (looks & specifications).

What I would like to know is what the biggest difference is between the different samsung series, like M, S & R.

For example, the S Series is cheaper than the R series, whilst looking at the specifications the only big difference I can see is the dynamic contrast ratio (3000:1 / 5000:1).
As the R series are more expensive, I assume they are better than the S series, but what makes them a couple hundred bucks "better" than the S Series? And is the S Series still a good tv or is the R series significantly better...

Thanks in advance, your help is most appreciated.

Edit:

Just a little addition: I would also like the difference between the different numbers, like R71, R73, R74.. I can't really see the difference...

R

rvdgroep

If anyone could answer my questions this would be more than appreciated!

I am planning to buy one soon, but after reading the post on cmo screens in the samsung r series I am a little bit worried...

Dom36

Yea be careful buying one of the R series. I just have and I got the lesser of 2 evils but I'm very happy with the screen. If you can get hold of an S-PVA screen in the R series go for it!!

R

rvdgroep

I am also seeing the sharp LC-37P70 on pixmania for a decent price... been hearing a lot of good things about sharp's lcd tv's... anyone knows if this model is better than samsung's R series??

edit: on 2nd thought, seems the sharp has even more problems than the samsung, besides the cmo screen this one seems to be fine...

anyway, really want to know if an s series is worth buying as these are much cheaper than the r series

The latest video from AVForums

Dog Soldiers & Flatliners 4K, Black Phone, RRR & Mad God on digital, plus 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom