1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

difference in component boards for th-42pw7bx

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Prism666, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Prism666

Prism666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I have been trying to get hold of a TY-42TM6Z component board for my plasma which has been quite tricky due to a seeming UK lack of stock. Eventually I managed to place an order and today it arrived. However what actually turned up was a TY-42TM6AB. I didn't even realise this existed and so I did a quick web search and discover that most companies sell this one for about half the price

Is there any difference between the two aside from the fact it uses BNC rather than RCA. I still will send it back as I have paid full price for a RCA version and got a BNC instead but should the company not actually have any TY-42M6Z versions I then have to decide whether to order the much cheaper BNC version elsewhere - for a much cheaper price

Cheers

2. Kell

Kell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As far as I'm aware there's no difference whatsoever other than the BNC connectors. I've got one of these myself and actually find it more convenient as the component cable is more secure.

Still, a bit cheeky that they should send you what you didn't order. And you're right, it's about half the price!

3. skinnes

skinnes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was told by Panasonic support that the RCA component board (the "Z") accepted RGB as well as component. This may explain why it costs so much more than the "A" with BNC connectors. Just a theory....

ps. where did you find the board? I'm looking for a VGA board myself.

4. SNICK

SNICK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I know this sounds dumb - but how do you connect a RCA plug to BNC ? :suicide: do you need some type of connector plug?

5. Kell

Kell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There's no easy way to do it. You're better off purchasing a new component video cable with one end RCA and the other BNC.

6. jont

jont

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +393
    or pop down to maplins (or wherever) and get a converter ... couple of quid and bob's your uncle !!

Jon

7. Repo

Repo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    RCA to BNC convertor - £1.99 each in Maplins :)