• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Difference betwen PX60 and PX600

stuart2

Established Member
There is a lot of talk about the PX60 but little about the PX600. Now that the new Panasonic is on sale could someone tell us the actual differences between the PX60 and the PX600?

david_lee

Established Member
I think PX600 has the following features which are not on PX60

Surround sound....
PIP (Picture in Pciture).....
SD Card slot...

Russellgti

Established Member
Looking at the brochure from italy that has been posted I think the only differences are that the 600 will have better sound, an sd card slot and a pc card slot.

From what I can tell from the spec the actual picture technology seems to be the same.

Superwof

Established Member

stuart2

Established Member
Thanks for that Superwof. At last some information about the new models! The 600 appears to be different in any significance only in the speaker system.

scrapbook

Distinguished Member
I seem to recall reading there is a more advanced remote control as well.

Perhaps better build quality and menu system tweaks?? Just guessing though.

Looking at the Italian brochure the Px600 look alot sleeker hanging on the wall, but that is obviously all down to personal taste

Edit...

Don't worry Superwof I won't delete those thanks ;)

Edit Edit...
Maybe a PX60 owner will be able to advise if the manual received with the PX60 also has PX600 on the front.

inconcert

Standard Member
I have been waiting for the TH-42PV600 to go on sale. Now I am wondering why I should wait when the TH-42PX60 is already available.

Are the only differences:

• PIP
  • Memory card feature, which is not that great anyway
  • Slightly better speaker system
  • More visually appealing look (less silver at bottom of screen and a wider black borders).

Are the PQ and connectivity the same too?

lewi

Established Member
See the 42PX60 owners thread. There is a link to a full spec sheet comparing the two screens. Apart from the points you make the specs appear identical.

Oh one other difference. The 600 range panel dimensions are measurably larger.

A

arikhard

aajones said:
I have been waiting for the TH-42PV600 to go on sale. Now I am wondering why I should wait when the TH-42PX60 is already available.

Are the only differences:

• PIP
  • Memory card feature, which is not that great anyway
  • Slightly better speaker system
  • More visually appealing look (less silver at bottom of screen and a wider black borders).

Are the PQ and connectivity the same too?

I think that narrow black/silver borders of PX60 looks more stylish; I don't see any reason's to wait PV600.

S

stevemartin

I saw the PX60 yesterday, and I thought it looks very cheap. Its been built down to a price thats why its only £1899. I think the PV500 looks much nicer. The picture was great though.

mentos

Established Member
does not look cheap imo, looks really good up on the wall.i have had many people come around and see mine and they are amazed by thing.
how people can say it looks cheap is beyond me,everyone has different tastes,if we didnt it would be a very boring place !!!

S

stevemartin

It is my opinion, but you usually, (not always) get what you pay for in this world. I don't have a plasma yet but I was learning towards the PV500 before it got discontinued, but I can't bring myself to buy the PX60. I fear I'll have to spend more and go for the pio 436 now.

ash

Prominent Member
I dont think we will be able to tell if there is a difference in PQ terms until someone compares them both, or someone could email Panasonix, maybe Panasonic in Asia to ask if there are different engines in both.

DRAMBO

Established Member
stevemartin said:
I saw the PX60 yesterday, and I thought it looks very cheap. Its been built down to a price thats why its only £1899. I think the PV500 looks much nicer. The picture was great though.
I disagree.
I've seen the PX60 next to the PV500(both on cabinet stands) in Currys, The PX60 is much more stylish, those slim borders/bezels make the 42" PX60 look smaller than it really is ( about the same size as the 37" PV500). Also the colours on the PX60 are much more vivid thanks to the 50% increase in colur gradation over the PV500. Contrast ratio is also up 33% to 4000:1 (max 10000:1). If you hate Silver, then you may not like PX60 styling, but overall it looks great especially on the cabinet stand. :thumbsup:

scrapbook

Distinguished Member
Anyone know anything about the new remote?

I was wondering if you can now select an input easily rather than having to cycle through them all until you get to the one you want.

massimo

Established Member
I prefer the look of the PX600 over the PX60. I really dislike the PX60.
How much more do you think the PX600 will cost over the PX60? I'd rather wait for that one if the price isn't so great.

david_lee

Established Member
just called panasonic and emailed them but they are not saying when px600 will be available in UK...

my current crt tv is almost broken.... so i need to get one quickly, i could get the px60 but prefer the px600... I read in japan its going to release on the april 15th but some japanese sites are already selling it..... in US its going to release in May... so when will we get it???

guv69

Established Member
scrapbook said:
Anyone know anything about the new remote?

I was wondering if you can now select an input easily rather than having to cycle through them all until you get to the one you want.

After pressin the TV/AV button and in AV mode. You use the reg, yellow, blue and green buttons to navigate different AV inputs. One button is for "next" screen with PC and component etc.

Works ok for me - but it isnt a one button enter from scratch.

drum63

Established Member
Does anyone know for definite if there will be a UK model of the 37PX600 ?

I noticed in the Italian Panasonic catalogue that for DVB tuner it mentions this is available on the "E" model only for the 50" and 42" PX600 models and all 3 sizes of the PX60, but just a blank for the 37PX600.

Have searched the mass of info about new Panasonic range on the forums but can't seem to find a definitive answer.
Apologies if I have missed it.

Thanks

Gary

scrapbook

Distinguished Member
verrellg said:
Does anyone know for definite if there will be a UK model of the 37PX600 ?

I noticed in the Italian Panasonic catalogue that for DVB tuner it mentions this is available on the "E" model only for the 50" and 42" PX600 models and all 3 sizes of the PX60, but just a blank for the 37PX600.

Have searched the mass of info about new Panasonic range on the forums but can't seem to find a definitive answer.
Apologies if I have missed it.

Thanks

Gary

I suspect there will be, the Panny swiss website already has one up on their site.

mo

Established Member
hi,
as i have seen both the pv600 and the 60 side by side ,i can tell you that the picture is the same.
the sound on the 600 is better and remote control is designed different .
the black bezzel is wider and thats basically it.

R

RSL

:clap: realistically the 600 series pany is the same as the 500 panny except that it has 2 hdmi sockets i'm going to see them at panny roadshow next tuesday looking forward to it already:clap:

scrapbook

Distinguished Member
BIGTVSALESMAN said:
:clap: realistically the 600 series pany is the same as the 500 panny except that it has 2 hdmi sockets i'm going to see them at panny roadshow next tuesday looking forward to it already:clap:

Find out it we are going to get a 37PX600 in the uk :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom