1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difference between Yammy 2500 and 1500

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by skinnyfat, Aug 10, 2005.

1. skinnyfat

skinnyfat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Apart from the 10watts in power, are there any other differences between these two recievers and their remotes??

Thanks in advance

Skinny

2. skinnyfat

skinnyfat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease: anyone??? I need to place the order today and cant decide

3. yoyogam

yoyogam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well, if no one can give you more details and if you already printed the specifications from the yamaha sites (and did a google search) and only come up with this 10w difference, then it's a simply price-value issue.
    However, I suggest that you check the IPAO (automatic setup) feature for any difference, and take a careful look at the back of the receivers for any difference.
    I have the 1500.

4. MarkusThatch

MarkusThatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,104
    I've got the 1500 too and I'm really impressed. Use it mainly for films & videogames so couldn't comment about music. The amp is only driving kef eggs but they do sound pretty damn good.

5. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    The 2500 will also have a beefier power supply so it can supply more watts when all channels are driven. It has RS 232 output for control of other devices. A more advanced YPAO as previously mentioned and more advanced equilizer for sound setup.
    Maybe more inputs and outputs as well. If you have the money go for the 2500 then you wont be left wondering if your missing anything :devil:

Im going to wait for the 2600 :grin :devil:

6. skinnyfat

skinnyfat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks all.

Cant wait for the 2600. If I keep waiting for a new amp I'll never get one :D , I waited for the 1500/2500 when the 1400/2400's were out. So I have just ordered the 2500 :clap: coming in 3 days.

Once again thanks for the info, now I feel justified in spending more.

Skinny

7. stu mcc

stu mcc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Hi Skinny,
    you'll be pleased with your setup, I'm running exactly the same system with dipole surrounds and it's great for films - just give the amp plenty of space it gets hotter than any other I've had.

stu

8. skinnyfat

skinnyfat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks stu

Looking forward to its arrival. Will bear the heat factor in mind.

Skinny

9. cjohnson6

cjohnson6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Hi, the main difference between the 1400 and the 2400 was the power supply. The 2400 had much large reserves ( larger capacitors ) and runs the output stage at a higher voltage, so I imagine the main differences between the 1500 and 2500 are similar. I'll also say this. I loved the sound of the 1400 for movies, and it was loud, but it didn't make a good stereo amp... I just upgraded to an Arcam avr300 and have mixed feelings about it. The sound is terrific in all modes including stereo, but there appear to be lip sync problems and it doesn't go nearly as loud as the 1400.... the software seems to be really fragile and Acram advertise 100 real watts???????

10. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    I personally disagree with you there. I egard mine as a very good stereo amp. I have run it against a H/K amp, Arcam Alpha and a rotel pre/power I owned and found I prefered the sound of the 1400. I also did a blind test with the Arcam and the 1400 and my friend prefered the 1400. :smashin:

Im looking forward to the release of the 2600 and might upgrade to one or the 4600 if I could afford it :devil:

11. big_marcelo

big_marcelo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You'll love it! The biggest decider for me between the 1500 & 2500 was the GUI interface. I watch movies & TV 95% of the time and the Yamaha DSPs are awesome.... most of my music and SACDs, etc.. I listen using DPL II Music.... sounds great.

I've got my speakers bi-wired, so the little extra power from the 2500 (in comparisson to the 2500) is probably well looked after.

I find the voice very clear and uncrompressed.

Enjoy!

Marcelo

12. skinnyfat

skinnyfat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    TYVM

Was not aware that the gui was different between the two. Now I'm definately stoked I went for the 2500

Skinny