1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difference between WinTV Nova and Nexus-S ???

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by triplebj, May 31, 2002.

1. triplebj

triplebj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, I have been looking at Hauppage's page, Ebuyer and wherever. What the heck is the difference between the two cards ??? - other than about 50 quid ?

I have just moved into a flat, which already has a Sky dish installed, so I figured I'd get a Satelitte card for the HTPC - makes sense ?

Any other manufacturers out there ?

Thanx,
    BJ

2. Pack Dude

Pack Dude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    hi
    I had a look myself and all the difference i could see was

WinTV Nova Reception of DVB Data services (max Download speed 40 Mbit/s)
    WinTV Nexus-s Reception of DVB Data services (max Download speed 8 - 10Mbit/s)

A faster Satellite download speed on the Nova. Well it would be faster until it rained lol and it costs a arm and a leg for a Satellite ISP.

Also these PC cards will give you access to free to air channels or in other words "s**t noone would pay for". As far as I know you will NOT be able to get ANY BBC or $ky channels with this card.

If you know the dish is ok you might want to think about getting a second-hand digibox and a FREE BBC card which will get you much more UK TV. Have a look at this (i cant vouch for this site, i have never bought anything from it) http://www.digiboxes.net it also tells you how to get a free BBC card.

Also have a look at this post from google
    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=...24u3s11%241%40ID-103223.news.dfncis.de&rnum=1

bye