Difference between UK and UK/Western Europe maps

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by Balham, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Balham

Balham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I've got the original TT One and am considering updating the maps to the latest version. Some while ago I also purchased the Western Europe maps on CD.

I can't work out whether it is sufficient to buy the Western Europe maps - which also covers the UK - or whether I need to buy the UK map as well - to ensure I've got the most accurate and up-to-date maps/features for the UK. I e-mailed TomTom and they were quite useless - they said that they have different suppliers for the UK maps and for the Western Europe CD but I could not get them to tell me what the differences are and which is better for the UK (they managed to fill their emails with endless drivel which had nothing to do with my question).

Can anyone help with the question of what the differences are between the UK map and the UK map on the Western Europe CD.

Thanks.

PS it strikes me as very expensive to update these maps

2. rickyt

rickyt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    If you look around the web you'll probably get a few versions for nowt , I did .I got my first copy of TT with just the Uk map ,but I noticed some of the newer estates were missing .I upgraded to the UK & WE map and it was an updated map with the missing streets .So I use that now , but theres loads of maps out there . Just download them and stick them on a SD card to try .