Difference between Toshiba XS44 and XS34 (and Pioneer 530 / Sony 710)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Nighteyes, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Nighteyes

Nighteyes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, I live in Hong Kong, and Toshiba over here has just released new DVD/HDD models XS34 and XS44.

The XS44 model has a 250GB HDD compared to the 160GB of the XS34. I want to ask forum members if they know anything about the XS44 - what extra features does it have over the XS34 etc. The catalogue just states the same thing between the two machines besides the HDD difference.

I am also considering the new Pioneer 530H model and the new Sony 710 model.

Between the Toshiba, Pioneer and Sony, which one would you pick for best picture quality for dvd recording, ease of use, and features?

Mostly I would use it for recording TV programs, editing out the ads and archiving it onto dvd. I would prefer to have longer recordings at full resolution. I hear that Pioneer has a new 3 hour 30 full resolution mode, compared to Toshiba's 2 hour 20 min. Not sure about the Sony.

I discount Panasonic since they have no plans on releasing the Eh60 anytime soon.

Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance. :smashin:

2. ArtS

ArtS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Some forum users say, that Sony could record in full resolution up to 2,5 h mode. I'm not really sure about this, because there is no info in the manual. By the way, has anyone checked it in the real world (eg. after importing files to the PC)?

Cheers
    ArtS