1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difference between the TH42PWD6BBLACK and TH42PW6 (GREY)

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by dill_bee, Nov 19, 2003.

1. dill_bee

dill_bee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, this is a little bit of a novice question so please bear with me because I'm relatively new when it comes to Plasma screens.

I've been looking around for a Plasma screen for a while and have been quite impressed with the new panny 6 range. However, the price difference between two models has got me slightly confused. I went down to Selfridges to have a look at the TH42PW6 and they had the grey one on display selling for around £4200. They also told me that they had an offer on the TH42PWD6BBLACK selling for £2900. Now I know that these prices are a little inflated because it was Selfridges but what is the difference between the two models? When I look at the specs they're identical. The sales guy told me there is no difference between the models, but I'm sceptical. A price difference of a grand can't be in just the colour. can it?

Can anybody help please???

2. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
  3. KBDVD

KBDVD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi dill-bee,

For £4,200 I would expect (Hope!) that the grey framed 42" model that you saw was the Higher Resolution TH-42PHD6 model.

If not, then it was VERY overpriced!

FYI: The silver framed 42" 6 series (consumer model) Panny is available in standard resolution only. (853x480 pixels)

But the grey framed 42" 6 series (commercial model) Panny is available in both standard & Higher Resolution (1024x768 pixels) flavours!

Best Regards,
    KBDVD.