1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difference between the Limit DVDA900 and DVD9900SE?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by LeeJS, Jun 4, 2003.

1. LeeJS

LeeJS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Does anyone know what the difference is between the Limit DVDA900 and
    the DVD9900SE? Richer Sounds are currently selling both for £150 but
    their details on the web are quite poor. I can't find a reference to the
    DVDA900 anywhere on the net :/

Anybody have the DVDA900 and care to comment?

Thanks,

Lee.

2. markowls

markowls

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a DVDA900 and it seems fine.

It seems to do progressive scan as it says on the box, which is all that I cared about.

I was under the impression that it was the newer model, but having checked the Richer Sounds website, it seems to suggest that it doesn't support CDRW or SVCD.

I've not tried this out, since I'm bored of both of those 'fads' now, but I somehow doubt that it's true.

What I can say that it's very slim and the lights are very blue. I think that the casing is slightly nicerer than the DVD9900SE, which has some very strange buttons.

The only problem is that there's not much information on the net about it (I've not done the multi-region hack yet, 'cos I didn't wait for them to find the 'hack sheet', because I was sure that I'd be able to find it in no time with my exemplary internet skills).

It also takes AAA batteries in the remote, that is a bit annoying, and they don't supply them with the machine..... most upsetting.

Mark

3. JimmytheSaint

JimmytheSaint

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    It supports everything but has to be hacked by remote. The 900A is the better model of the two and any details can be obtained if you PM me.

4. dejongj

dejongj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jimmy,
    Would you care sharing the details with all of us instead of via a PM. I am an 9900SE owner and would love to know why the 900A is the better model?

Cheers,

Jean-Paul

5. JimmytheSaint

JimmytheSaint

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    I meant PM me for the remote handset hack, not why it is better.
    I checked the spec of both versions at RS and a more knowledgable member of staff pointed me in the direction of the 900A, as he said there had been some issues with the SE.
    It is infact the newer model of the 2 also and it delivers the dvd audio remarkably well.
    It plays CD,VCD,SVCD,DVD Audio and offers Prog PAL/NTSC all for £150. Can't really go wrong there! :D

6. dejongj

dejongj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds great. I am one of the many lucky owners who hasn't had a problem with my 9900SE, but I am aware that there were people on this forum who had.
    I still think it is a remarkable player for the money, so if the 900A is an improvement in quality control than that is great...

Cheers,

Jean-Paul