Difference between the LE32R41BDX and LE32R41B

marmite22

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi this is my first post, I have been reading for a while now.

I have been looking to get a HDTV for a couple of weeks now and have decided that after reading lots of reviews etc that I would like to go for a Samsung 32" LCD. BUT I don't know what the difference is between the LE32R41BDX and the LE32R41B. Is the DX worth the extra money (which seems to be between £50 and £100 depending where you look.)

Also does anyone know where you can see either of these TV's in the flesh. Does comet/currys etc sell them?

Thanks in advance!

I posted this in another thread recently. Hope it helps:

LE26RxxB : Sets ending in B don't have the built in freeview tuner.
LE26RxxBD : Have the freeview tuner
LE26RxxBDX : Have the freeview tuner (i.e. identical to LE26RxxBD)

The 41 series have a response time of 12ms whereas the 51 series are 8ms. There's plenty of debate about this, but having seen it reported directly from Samsung I tend to believe it.

The 51's also come with the latest firmware alreay installed, whereas the 41 sets may need to be upgraded manually. The latest firmware fixes the screen tear issue. There's a massive thread about this in the LCD section.

I also read somewhere that the 51's have slightly improved PIP functionalty.

Finally, there are some minor cosmetic differences between the two sets.

I have sky tv and a freeview box (in a cupboard somewhere) so I guess its not worth the extra for the freeview built in. I have not seen the 51 series for sale anywhere, are they new or coming soon?

is it worth paying extra for the improved response time?

am i going to notice a great difference?

The DSG group seem to be the only ones to sell the 51! ie currys, dixons etc

add46.88 said:
is it worth paying extra for the improved response time?

am i going to notice a great difference?

Depends on what you're using the set for. If you're gonna be gaming a lot, then it's probably worth it. If you're mainly gonna be watching tv and dvd's then you may not notice the difference.

I payed the extra for my LE26R51BD as I use it at least 50% of my time as a PC monitor.

12ms is still perfectly acceptable for gaming, but 8ms is preferable.

PaulGT said:
The DSG group seem to be the only ones to sell the 51! ie currys, dixons etc

OMG there seems to be so mis information and confusion in this thread.... :suicide:

But then that got me think perhaps I am wrong??

The whole "difference between the BD/BDX" has been done to death in so many threads it amazes me that this is still such regular question.... but the BD and BDX are exactly the same in that they have a analogue AND digital/Freeview tuner.... if it makes it easier just ignore the X - it is nothing more than a model number suffix.

The "B" model is the one with just a analogue tuner... again the X often gets added to this... so if you see B/BX you know it has NO digital/freeview tuner.

Now then the different model numbers.. R41/R51 etc.... As far as I am aware the 41 and 51 model are internally exactly the same, there are no differences in response time. The difference is that the R51 is a model commissioned by the Dixons group and is only sold by them.... thats why most of us have the R41 (because we won't pay the extortionate prices that Dixons charge). In my experience on here quite a few people prefer styling of the R41 which has less black on the front of it.

I think the confusion around the response times comes from the latest LCD that Samsung are introducing.... I don't have the model numbers to hand but I believe that have M60/M61 model numbers and will also come as B/BX (analogue) of BD/BDX (analogue/freeview) version. These models have the speakers at the side of the screen instead of below. There is also lots of information about these on the forums, you just need to look around a bit. There is also a T41 model which is black and has speakers at the side of the screen - I believe this is also identical internally to the R41/R51

Anyway the debate on response times is a bit pointless I feel because I don't think you will se any difference between 8 and 12 ms...my R41BDX can cope with anything I have thrown at it.

busterdan said:
OMG there seems to be so mis information and confusion in this thread.... :suicide:

But then that got me think perhaps I am wrong??

The whole "difference between the BD/BDX" has been done to death in so many threads it amazes me that this is still such regular question.... but the BD and BDX are exactly the same in that they have a analogue AND digital/Freeview tuner.... if it makes it easier just ignore the X - it is nothing more than a model number suffix.

The "B" model is the one with just a analogue tuner... again the X often gets added to this... so if you see B/BX you know it has NO digital/freeview tuner.

Now then the different model numbers.. R41/R51 etc.... As far as I am aware the 41 and 51 model are internally exactly the same, there are no differences in response time. The difference is that the R51 is a model commissioned by the Dixons group and is only sold by them.... thats why most of us have the R41 (because we won't pay the extortionate prices that Dixons charge). In my experience on here quite a few people prefer styling of the R41 which has less black on the front of it.

I think the confusion around the response times comes from the latest LCD that Samsung are introducing.... I don't have the model numbers to hand but I believe that have M60/M61 model numbers and will also come as B/BX (analogue) of BD/BDX (analogue/freeview) version. These models have the speakers at the side of the screen instead of below. There is also lots of information about these on the forums, you just need to look around a bit. There is also a T41 model which is black and has speakers at the side of the screen - I believe this is also identical internally to the R41/R51

Anyway the debate on response times is a bit pointless I feel because I don't think you will se any difference between 8 and 12 ms...my R41BDX can cope with anything I have thrown at it.

You are correct in saying that there is so much confusion / mis-information about this topic. All I can say is that in another thread, someone had an e-mail back from Samsung UK confirming that the 51 series does indeed have a better response rate.

You're probably also right that the difference between 8ms and 12ms is not all that significant. All I know for sure is that my LE26R51DB rocks, as does your set :) :) :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom