Difference between Sony KDL-32U2000U and KDL-32S2530

W

wej1971

This one is confusing me, because I can get the 32U2000U about £150 cheaper than the 32S2530 and can't for the life of me work out what justifies the difference in price. Can someone convince me I need the more expensive one - I'll be using it for: -

XBOX 360
Standard Sky/Freeview
DVDs

And in the future: -

HD-DVD
Sky HD

Tib

Yannis

The U series have a second class panel (usually AU optronics P-MVA) with worse contrast ratio and viewing angle than the S-PVA panels that all other Sonys have (including S, V , W and X series).

Tib

The U series have a second class panel (usually AU optronics P-MVA) with worse contrast ratio and viewing angle than the S-PVA panels that all other Sonys have (including S, V , W and X series).

The U series (along with the P series ) is an entry range, while the S is a mid range with better quality panels. Better than the S and the V series there is only the W and the premium X series.(Both 1080p Capable).

Yannis

The U series (along with the P series ) is an entry range, while the S is a mid range with better quality panels. Better than the S and the V series there is only the W and the premium X series.(Both 1080p Capable).

The U series now have been replaced by P series. The differences are

P series -> AU Optronics Panel (Taiwan) and basic image processing (still called Bravia Engine though)
S series -> S-PVA (Samsung-Sony joint corporation , Korea) panel and more advanced Bravia Engine processing
V series -> Same with S + Live Color creation (for more vivid colors)
W series -> Same with V but higher resolution panel (1920x1080).
X Series -> Same with W + Bravia Engine Pro (more advanced than Bravia Engine)

*Note here that the 40S2530 has live color creation like the V series so the two TVs are essentially identical in specs (Sony sells the V series at a higher price though).

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung HW-Q950A Soundbar Review coming soon to AVForums.com
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom