• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Difference between Sony htsf and htss1300

Davidsian

Standard Member
Is the only difference the stands? If I got the htsf can you remove the stands from the speakers if not needed and have an HTSS? I'd quite like to use the speakers with stands in front but the option of without for the rear speakers - as there I have a shelf for them and floor stands would be more in the way.

Ralphy1981

Prominent Member
The ht-sf has tall boy (floor standing) speakers and the ht-ss has satelite (small) speakers.

You can buy stands for the ht-ss speakers to sit on.

The bigger ht-sf speakers can be wall mounted as well as floor standing.

Davidsian

Standard Member
But are they actually a different speaker - or can you take them out of the stand case and be the same as the SS speaker?

cols

Prominent Member
They're physically different minus the stands- sf ones are taller and built differently, i think they have two cones to the ss speakers' one cone...

Best bet is research the price for a pair of stands and then difference between the two systems, and weigh it up from there....

Last edited:

Davidsian

Standard Member
Ah - I assumed the speakers we're identical, and the difference in looks down purely to casing. Is there also a difference in sound ie is the SF better than the SS?

cols

Prominent Member
Hmm... That's one for the ss and sf owners to debate... Can't say myself as i don't own one but i would guess there would technically be better clarity in the sf ones, although whether it'd be really noticeable is another matter.

Davidsian

Standard Member
When connecting the HTSF to the TV are all hdmi cables the same ie male on both ends? Presumably a cable that's advertised for PS3 use would work?

cols

Prominent Member
Yep any hdmi cable will work fine, and it doesn't matter which end goes in which.

Just don't get caught out by the cable con and buy a ridiculously expensive one... Unless you need a 20m run or something then a cheap one will work just as well as an expensive one- zero difference!

cols

Prominent Member
no problem mate, happy to help :smashin:

getting mine within the next couple of weeks too! :arty:

Potatoe Farmer

Established Member
hey guys iv ordered the sf, and she is coming this friday!! yippee! im hooking it up to my 46ZF355, and new Sony DVD player and PS3.

1- From checking the sony spec am i right in saying that the rear speaker cables are 4.5m long each?

2 - For one of the runs 4.5m's will do, for the other however its a few metres short. could anybody recomend the cable that i need to extend it?

3 - And where to get it at a super duper price?

4 - And the procedure. do i need any connectors or anything?

5 - What the **** is a bannana plug?

6 - How should i connect sky plus?

thanks for your help, PF :lease:

Last edited:

Ralphy1981

Prominent Member
Rear speaker cables are 8 m long.

Connect Sky + by HDMI for video and optical for audio. (Sky doesn't send 5.1 via HDMI)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom