1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difference between Pioneer VXSD2011 and VXS1011?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by The Sheriff, Feb 19, 2003.

Tags:
  1. The Sheriff

The Sheriff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Whats the difference between these 2 amps? Checked some specs on both and the only difference i can see is that the 1011 is cheaper by like £200. I guess there must be a difference between them but i don't know enough about ht to see it.

Also anyone know the cheapest place to buy the 2011 either new or second hand/ex display (presume i can ask this, i'm sorry and let me know if i can't).

Cheers

2. petrolhead

petrolhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    have a look here

3. sounddog

sounddog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +461
    As far as I'm aware ... the main differences between the 2011 and the 1011 is that the 2011 has a USB port and so can act as a (2ch) sound card for your PC, and the 2011 has the MDACC (think thats the right abbrv.) to automagically set up the amp for your room ... apparantly the MDACC thingy is well worth the £200 though.

As for cheep or ex-dem, etc 2011 ... can't comment on cheepest ... but it's very unlikely that you'll find a 2011 on display ... let alone one on sale ex-display. Most shops have a waiting list for them at the moment (now wish I'd bought one before xmas ... could probably have shifted it now at a proffit!!).

V

4. sounddog

sounddog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +461
    Oh no not again ...

(Am I a pot of pertunias??)

5. petrolhead

petrolhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    Thats it - I'm off the DVD section :laugh:

6. The Sheriff

The Sheriff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Ok, thanx for the replies guys, that compare thingy on the pioneer site helped a lot. Looks like the main difference is that auto microphone setup thing which looks like its very usefull but not sure its worth the £200 extra??? There are other things like slightly more inputs and better components....just can't decide whether to get on the waiting list and save a bit more money, or go for the 1011 which are in stock at a few places...what to do......

7. Dazed

Dazed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As well as the MCACC auto-setup thingy the 2011 also sports an extremely nice looking, and well reviewed learning remote control. The 1011's RC looks very ordinary. There is also something of a 1.4 kg weight differential - I've not quite understood what makes up this difference.

To echo sounddog comments you are unlikely to find a 2011 anywhere. The cheapest place to buy one is Unbeatable but expect to be at the end of a long queue. See the relevent thread on this forum

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65119

8. vee_cee

vee_cee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sound wise theres no difference IMHO between the 2011 & 1011.

Weight difference is down to a slightly better internal construction, namely "double layer chassis" and "Trans stabiliser"...??

If you do not need the extra ports, auto setup and lcd learning remote, then i'd go for the 1011.

I think the price diff of between £100 and £200 pounds could be well spent elsewhere ....dvds, etc, etc.

Cheers
    VC.

9. The Sheriff

The Sheriff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Thanx m8. Just checked that post above and apparently there gonna start to become more available soon. Checked www.unbeatable.co.uk but they still don't seem to be taking orders, couldn't find the 2011 on there?