Difference between Pioneer models ?

S

sdemler

Am investigating the options for purchasing a plasma and am currently trying to choose between a Panasonic PWD7 and going the extra mile and purchasing a Pioneer HD model.

However I'm unsure what the difference between the pioneer 40 inch models are. I'm pretty sure that the difference between the fde and xde is simply one has a tuner in it, but where does the mxe fit in ?

If I do go with Pioneer I take it there are no current issues with the HDMI implementation unlike the Panasonic ?

Thanks for helping

Hi,

I think the main difference between the FDE and XDE, is the lack of Freeview tuner in the FDE. Both of them are fully compatible with SkyHD and Blu-ray/HD DVD.

The MXE1 models are pure monitors without built-in tuners.

Steve

Hi sdemler,

I am in the same boat as you and was just about to post the same thread!

Sorry for hijacking your thread

Thanks for the info Dutch I have seen the FDE advertised for £2749.95 including speakers and the tabletop stand at DigitalPoint. Does anyone know if this is a good price for this setup?

Thanks folks for all your good work

You can buy Cheaper, HOWEVER if you have say a dead pixel, will the company you buy from change it no questions ? Also there are some companies who read this will help you set up correctly. So as an example, from reading this board, run it in a little (I think low settings) and then set it up.

Also the warranty period my be very important. That is sometimes why people by from John Lewis.

Lowest price for FDE £2385, have a look at some of my posts

Take care

Andy

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom