1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difference Between Mission V60 and M50 series?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Sunday Ironfoot, May 26, 2003.

1. Sunday Ironfoot

Sunday Ironfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What are the difference between the Mission M50 and V60 range of speakers? To me they seem exactly the same just look different and cost £50 more. But if you look the the specs on the Mission site (www.mission.co.uk) they are exactly the same, even the drivers/cones look the same.

Has anyone heard/compared these speakers? Do the V60's sound better. Is it worth spending the extra £50 on the V60 if you prefer the look of the M50 range?

2. TheBigApple

TheBigApple

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I've listend to both and there was no noticeable difference.

3. Sunil

Sunil
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was told by Sevenoaks that the Volare (V6) series is exactly the same as the M5 range except for aesthetics (ie. removing the plastic fronts and using wood all round).

The drivers are exactly the same (Paramid bass and microfibre treble). I expect there will in fact be subtle differences in sound as the M5 front baffle was supposed to make the cabinet more rigid, whereas the V6 just has a moulded front plate.

I think the reason Mission made the V6 was because the M5's design is considered a bit radical, and you either love them or hate them! The v6 looks more traditional, so would probably translate into more sales for them.

4. WhyAyeMan

WhyAyeMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +276
    In fact I'd heard rumours that Mission were considering shelving the M5 range, due to them not selling too well presumably. Personally, I like the look of the M5, particularly the black one which looks very space age, and the silver M53 has more than a dash of Pilastro in it.