1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difference between Loewe Spheros & Xelos

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Sluggster, Dec 9, 2004.

1. Sluggster

Sluggster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Hi,

Has anyone seen these two screens working side by side, if so, how did they compare. I saw the Spheros running today and it was pretty impressive but too expensive for me. The Xelos is half the price and of greater interest.

Sluggster

2. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    I have not seen them side by side, but as a Xelos owner and subsequently seeing a brief demo of the Spheros, I would say that the quality of the image is the same but the Spheros looks more like a plasma than a LCD, if you know what I mean - difficult to explain. This is probably due to the glass filter reducing reflections and darkening the blacks.

Not sure what version Spheros you saw. It is available in many different flavors but it is normally displayed with the premium Black Bassalt case and hard disc recorder. Stripping these from the equation should bring the Spheros to within £1000 of the Xelos.

Technically there are other differences, which were highlighted in a thread a few weeks back.

-Ian