• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Difference between LG models?

Doctor Smith

What are the differences between theses sets apart from the curve?
LG65EF950
LG65EC970
LG65EG960

Thanks

freesat99

I'll try to help. Before I bought my set I tried to put together a spreadsheet.
EF = 2015 Flat
EC = 2014 Curved
EG = 2015 Curved

The bigger the number is supposed to mean that the set is better in some way (processing, PMI, I'm really not sure).

I have the 55EG920V. As far as anyone can tell its exactly the same as the 55EF950V but without the Harmon Kardon sound (and of course flat vs curved), but feature wise the same. There is a link in one of these threads to a web page which compares the two models.

woah_toughguy

I'll try to help. Before I bought my set I tried to put together a spreadsheet.
EF = 2015 Flat
EC = 2014 Curved
EG = 2015 Curved

The bigger the number is supposed to mean that the set is better in some way (processing, PMI, I'm really not sure).

I have the 55EG920V. As far as anyone can tell its exactly the same as the 55EF950V but without the Harmon Kardon sound (and of course flat vs curved), but feature wise the same. There is a link in one of these threads to a web page which compares the two models.

hi - would you mind sharing that sheet? Just doing one myself! :D

Dutch

LG65EF950 does support HDR but LG65EG960 doesn't .

To clarify, the 65EG960 will not do HDR on its HDMI inputs, but will from streaming and by USB.

freesat99

Far from complete. I updated the prices columns from when I first put it together. I was thinking of a non-OLED, but bought a 920V OLED. I cannot upload the Excel source file. I uploaded a screen grab, but I am not seeing it in the preview.

Attachments

• LG TVs.JPG
    LG TVs.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 129

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom