1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difference between KV32FQ75 & FX66?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by CarlosTheJackel, Dec 4, 2002.

1. CarlosTheJackel

CarlosTheJackel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can get a both for £900 New but apart from no DPC on the FX66 i can't find a difference (not on the sony site anyway!). Anyone know?

2. CarlosTheJackel

CarlosTheJackel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well i've found that the KV66 has DPL but I've got a STR-DB1080 amp anyway, then theres the remote finder and thats it I reckon!

More importantly does anyone know which has the best picture?

And does every FQ75 have a Scroll Bar problem as I could not see any in the 3 sets I looked at today:confused:

3. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Significant numbers appear to be affected. Under which conditions were you viewing ?

4. CarlosTheJackel

CarlosTheJackel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just shop conditions, they only had the aerial cable attached but that was it. I don't actually know what conditions cause this although I am currently reading
    and its 5 million pages;) But other Sonys appear to suffer this aswell accorinding to the thread:confused:

5. CarlosTheJackel

CarlosTheJackel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK I've read the first 30 pages and the last 4 and it appears to be an effect of the DRC on the FQ so the FX not having DRC should be ok (maybe):rolleyes:

6. kennrc

kennrc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To my knowledge, the FX66-serie is not affected by the "scrolling bar problem".

Some FX-66's do however have a minor geometry issue (se other posts regarding this in this forum).

Otherwise it is a really great TV !!